Waratah Villas is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you.
The data controller is Waratah Properties at Rua de Valverde - 8135-037 Almancil, Portugal.
What information do we collect?
When you browse our web site we will collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, site errors, length of visits to certain pages, and methods used to browse away from the page. The information collected is anonymous.
When you make an enquiry
We will collect your name, contact telephone number and e-mail address.
When you make a booking
We will collect your name, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and postal address. Further we will collect information about the members of your party including name, age, date of birth, birth town, country and place of residence, and passport information, including passport number, start date, expiry date and country of issue.
How we will use your personal data
Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- to enable us to fulfil your booking;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products and services we feel may interest you;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- to identify you on our web site in order to allow you to manage your enquiries and bookings;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide customer service.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds identified below.
Performance of a Contract
When you make a booking through us, we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This may include passport information for you and your party that are required by legal obligation to provide to foreign governments.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook or other web-based advertising platforms, who act as data processors for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing campaigns for us. This may include the platforms using socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these platforms is shared with us at any time.
The platforms may also use your personal data to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their platform. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform.
We may also share your contact details with our third-party review platform who may contact you to ask for your comments on the booking service you received. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
We may also share your contact details with our third-party survey platform who may contact you with a detailed questionnaire on your holiday experience upon your return. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
The above are done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may ask your consent to use your name, and mobile phone number(s) to keep you updated on relevant information pertaining to your booking via SMS. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Who we might share your information with.
Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with any member of our group of companies and/or selected third parties including:
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
Passport information will be destroyed on completion of transfer to the required foreign governments, unless you ask us to keep it.
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updatesWhere we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Coordinator, Waratah Villas, Rua de Valverde - 8135-037 Almancil, Portugal
Links from our web site
If you follow a link from our web site, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 18th January 2019.
Where you consent, we will obtain information about your general usage of our web site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service and more personalised content and marketing.
- to estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- to store information about your shortlisted properties, and your chosen currency
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
- to remarket to you after you leave our site.
Types of cookies and their purpose:
Analytics (provided by Google inc.) - These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Login cookies - When you use our Booking Manager web site, we use a cookie to determine that you are logged in.
Functionality Cookies - These cookies are used to remember choices visitors have made including for example, remembering which currency you prefer to see our prices in.
Remarketing cookies - These 3rd-party cookies are provided by remarketing platform (Google and Facebook) to track which pages you have visited in order to advertise products you may be interested in on Google, Facebook and other sites.
Opting out of remarketing.
You can opt out of remarketing at any time in the European Union by using the tool at Your Online Choices